Applicants for all BACR Awards should send their applications and related documentation by email to the BACR Secretariat:
Applicants can expect to hear the outcome within a month of the closing date.
Up to a maximum of £2,000. All receipts must be returned along with a written report that may be published in the Association's newsletter.
Available to individuals who have been BACR members (full or student) for at least one year at time of application; preference is given to more juinor researchers (i.e. those individuals with less than 5 years post-doctoral experience).
Full members may apply to the BACR for a second award (either a fellowship or travel award) but this must be at least 3 years following the initial award. Student members may apply for one Travel Exchange within their Student Stipend and then allow 3 years before applying for another Travel Exchange Award. Student can still apply for BACR/CRUK student travel awards following its' eligibility criteria. Preference will be given to applicants not applying to the BACR for either of the awards in the previous 12 months.
Deadline & checklist
31st October 2018
Applicants to provide in one PDF document:
- A curriculum vitae
- details of a programme of work
- evidence of an invitation to spend time in an institution other than their own
- signed letters of support from two professional referees (normally one should be the head of the parent department or group)
- a budget for travel and/or accommodation (funds are not available to cover subsistence or consumables).
- evidence of funds being provided from other sources
The BACR will also award Fellowships to allow a visiting scientist to come to the laboratory of a BACR member to teach a new technique or method.
It must clearly be shown that the visit will be of benefit to the BACR member.
Applications will be acknowledged once received. If you don't receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours contact the BACR Secretariat